Saturday, August 29, 2015

Calendar Reflection

Like most college students, I have a very tight schedule this semester. I am taking 19 units, so I will have to distribute my time effectively among my classes. Each day I have breaks from classes at different times. Mondays and Wednesdays I have class most of the day, so I do not have much time to do homework. I expect to have about two hours of math homework everyday, in addition to weekly homework for my chemistry, engineering, and general education courses.

To complete my English homework before the deadline each week, I will work on the module a little bit each day after finishing any homework for other classes that is due the next day. I will plan for six hours of English homework each week. I may have to cut down on time spent with friends, or watching television, in order to get all of my work done and maintain an average of at least seven hours of sleep each night.

I read Alyssa and Brians' Calendar Reflection posts, which gave me new perspectives on time management and types of schedules. Both Alyssa and Brian have uniquely demanding schedules which they will have to plan for to succeed in classes.

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! I am also majoring in engineering, so I know what it's like to have a heavy course load. However, I am only taking seventeen credits, not nineteen. You are a brave student! I admire your ability to take on such a course load. I also like how you set goals to work a little every night on homework as well as get plenty of sleep. Sleep is a college student's best friend! Best of luck this semester, I hope you don't become too overwhelmed and still have time for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not envy you those 19 units! However, you plan sounds very successful. I myself, with only 14 units plan on a very similar approach while also having to manage my job. Good luck to the both of us averaging at least seven hours of sleep each night! It's only been a week, and already I'm positive I'm getting less than that.

    I also notice that you mentioned cutting down on the time you spend with friends. Though I agree that may be necessary in some cases, I hope you don't have to cut down too drastically. It is college after all, meant to be at least a little bit fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a very busy schedule to me. Hats off to you for taking 19 credits! you seem like you have a very solid "game plan" for your success in these classes. This schedule is going to require sacrifices and it seems like you're willing to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trey,

    I think you've got your plan laid out and ready to go. While I can't pretend to understand what 19 units is like - I have 16 - I think that you're headed in the right direction with your time management. Gradual, consistent progress is your best bet, in my opinion.
    While our class schedules may be different, I might recommend always trying to use time on campus productively. It's what I plan to do since I have large gaps of time between classes every other day. While that may not be the case for you, I still recommend pursuing that strategy so you can finish your before you're back in your home/dojo/hideout where there are TVs or friends hanging around to distract you.

    Sincerely, I wish you the best of luck this semester!
    -Mika

    ReplyDelete