Saturday, December 5, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

Since the start of the course when I wrote the My Writing Process, and Calendar Reflection posts, I have had to adapt my writing process to be successful in this course.

George, Geoff "assembly line" 04/28/2009 via Flickr CC BY-NC 2.0
At the beginning of the semester, I related components of each of the four types of writer to my writing process. However, I said that I most closely fit into the sequential composer category. I still believe that my writing process includes a mixture of strategies.

The structure of this class has required me to cut back on procrastination. However, I did not stick to the plan that I laid out in the Calendar Reflection post. I still found myself doing most of the work each week all at the same time, even when I reviewed the deadline early in the week.

Although I did most of the work all at once, the process work in the blog posts, and the structured revision processes required me to incorporate more elements of sequential composition and heavy planning into my writing process. I am now more confident in my ability to use time efficiently.


No comments:

Post a Comment