Sunday, November 22, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

Project three is over, and at this point I am quite tired of reading about my controversy...

Gwynydd, Michael "3 for me" 01/14/2007 via Flickr CC BY-NC-ND 2.0


1. What was specifically revised from one draft to another?

I generally tried to make each section of my argument more thorough. I also tried to incorporate more evidence from credible sources, although most of the evidence I found was in relation to the F-35's failures rather than the causes. To account for this, I provided analysis of the causes through the context of the failures. I identified the two main causes that I wanted to discuss in my argument and stayed focused on those. I also added a bit of an emotional appeal by incorporating the safety of American soldiers.

2. How did you reconsider your thesis or organization?

My focus on concurrency and commonalities necessitated some reorganization. I tried to minimize reorganization by writing more transitions.

3. What lead to those changes? Different audience? Shift in purpose?

I needed to make it more clear that I am making a causal argument.

4. How did these changes affect your credibility as an author?

I believe my credibility benefited from the changes, mostly due to the increase in credible sources and evidence.

5. How will these changes better address the audience?

I now have more basis for my argument. My interpretations are good, but without support they may seem too biased.

6. How did you reconsider sentence structure and style?

My structure and style remained mostly the same, but I attempted to make questionable technical terms more understandable. I also provided more context.

7. How did these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?

Some of the comments I got from my peer reviewers indicated that the technical language made the argument less relatable for them. I believe that this issue was largely caused by a lack of background knowledge on the subject. Providing more context should make the argument more understandable for general readers.

8. Did you have to reconsider the particular genre in which you are writing in?

No.

9. How does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer?

I am honestly surprised by how much I added and changed in my revisions. With many assignments, I usually forego the revision process aside from scanning for grammatical errors. This reflection made me realize that taking a second look at my writing helps me identify content gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment